Tuesday, May 12, 2015

"How Angelic"

Spencer George. How Angelic. Altered Photography. 2015. 
This is a photograph from the set of angel vs devil photos I took. In contrast to the devil pictures, this is an angel. I wanted the photos to have an ethereal feeling to them. In order to accomplish this, I dressed in all white, left my hair loose and down, put on light eye makeup and pink blush, and used a white background. I moved some lamps around my bedroom so that there would be a soft light to the pictures. The flower crown is meant to symbolize a halo. In order to fully complete the angelic sentiment, I used Afterlight to overlay a drawing off angel wings over my body. The effect is subtle and not immediately seen, which adds to the innocent and benevolent feeling of an angel, in contrast to the stark and striking black wings and dark clothing of the devil photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment